Sunday, February 22, 2015

First Christmas card of 2015

Hey, hey! How are you? I hope you've been enjoying your weekend so far. We had a beautiful and a pretty warm (for this time of year) day yesterday so me and my sweetie decided to go on a one-day trip to one of the bigger cities here. It was wonderful!!! I had an amazing time, but I was pretty tired after the whole day of walking around. But it was definitely worth it! :) If tomorrow is not raining we might go to another trip to the other side of the country. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Today I'm staying in and I finally finished a card I started working on a couple of days ago; I'm a very slow crafter. lol I was inspired by this mood board that was posted on the Stempelglede blog. I chose some colours from the board and used them on my card (white, grey-ish, white, brown-ish and even a touch of pink).

Also, I don't know why, but most of the pictures on the board reminds me of winter and my first association when I think of winter is Christmas. So I went and made a Christmas card - first one this year.


I used the gorgeous angel stamp from Stempelglede. I think it's great for making vintage Christmas cards. I usually make square cards, but I wanted to do something a bit different this time so I made a rectangle card. All of the papers came from my stash. The music notes paper is actually from back in the days when I was still going to music school - and let me tell you, this was maaaaaaaany years ago. Darn, I'm getting old. lol Lace, doily, pins, snowflakes, bling, feathers and bead trims came from my stash. I sprinkeled the edges of the image with frantage.

I'm not sure if you can tell, but this card is really sparkly in real life. Snowflakes are covered with glitters and then there are all the sequins and gems as well.


Those hearts I used at the center of the snowflakes have been in my stash for ages. But I knew they would come handy one day. :)

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Live and love crafts: Hearts (small hearts in the center of snowflakes)
Stempelglede: Inspiration photo
ABC Christmas: D is for die cuts
Papertake weekly: Bingo (die cut, free, glitter)
Love to scrap: Anything goes
Creative fingers: Anything goes

30 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining Stempelgledes challenge! Hugs. Cathrine-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of many Christmas cards it's absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting started on your Christmas cards this early. It's never too early....LOL The Stempelglede vintage angels stampset is gorgeous, and so is your card. Very elegant and festive with the gold. Thanks for joining LLC for our hearts challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sandy - you can't ever start working on your Christmas cards early enough. I hope to make enough over the year so I won't have to rush with them when the season comes.
      Thank you very much for the lovely comment about my card
      Hugs! xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Cebelica, stunning design & details, love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage look of this crafting gem! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I really need to get started on my Christmas cards soon! This one is sooo beautiful, love the vintage feel, all the lace and pearls and those wonderful gold accents. Great job :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Čudovita je, sicer sem jaz komaj pospravila praznične pripomočke, ti pa si že začela z novimi prrpavami - vse pohvale. Sedja vem, zakaj me baše čas tik pred zdajci :). Voščolnica je rpava baročna lepotička :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz imam dve praznični lučki še vedno na okenski polici. He he Hvala za prijazne besede! xx

      Delete
  8. STUNNING!!!!!!!! Wow Maja, you know how much I love me some of your vintage pieces, and this one is just spectacular!! Layers and layers of gorgeous papers and doilies and ribbons and trims and pearls! A feat for the eyes as always my dear crafty friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you sure know how to make someone smiling from ear to ear. And I'm pretty sure I gained a cm or two as well. ;) Thanks a lot for your sweet comment. Big hugs to you! xx

      Delete
  9. Ooh this is absolutely beautiful, such stunning embellishments! Love the image too :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo kako je lepo, res si uporabila lepo okrasje! lp

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card, Cebelica! I love all the amazing details and beautiful embellishments! Thank you so much for participating in Stempelglede's challenge!

    Hugs <3
    Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card. I can't imagine that your card goes through the regular post office. Your attention to detail is lovely. Thanks for joining us last week at Through the Craft Room Door. I hope you will join us for the new challenge that starts today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog. Hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Cebelica. I love the vintage style and all the details are great. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)