Thursday, January 29, 2015

Something CAS for a change

Hello! :) Can you believe we are in the last days on January?? Where did this month go?! O.o 

You know what comes with Fabruary, right? Valentine's day! :) A day on which you can eat lots of chocolate without feeling guilty (I mean, it would be just rude not to eat that yummy chocolate you get from your hubby/bf, right?). He he. My sweetie loves chocolate and that's why I'm giving him (one of) his favourite chocolate bars for Valentine's this year. He will get his chocolate neatly packed in a decorated paper bag that I just made. It's a very simple one (faaaar from my usual style), but you can't really decorate men's gift with lots of flowers and butterflies etc., can you?

So, here's what I made ...


See, I told you it's very, very CAS. I wanted the sentiment to be in the center of attention on this bag. The sentiment "love" is a new die from Whimsy stamps - you can buy it here. I die cut the sentiment from the white cardstock which I then embossed and glued on top of the red cardstock. I made sure I didn't lose any of the small parts of the die cut sentiment so I could spell the word love as it's supposed to look. Then I just added two small heart shaped crystals and some  heart ribbon from Crafty riboons to decorate the front.


This is how the back looks like. As you can see I kept that very simple as well. I just used used 2 brads and some twine to make a closure and ome corner die cuts that I cut with Whimy corner dies set. The decorative border was made with my border punch.

Have you started working on your Valentine's day projects yet?

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my bag to the following challenges:
Time out: Valentines day with the optional twist of hearts
Simon says (Wednesday challenge): Anything goes
Addicted to stamps: Clean and simple
Creative fingers: Anything goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Hearts
Pile it on: Hearts and/or flowers
Love to create: Lace or ribbon, pearls or gems + favourite Valentine's colours (red)

35 comments:

  1. What a sweet creation! Great idea to make back looks presentable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Valentyna! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have really mastered the CAS, what a gorgeous gift! It must have just been killing you to have all of that blank space! haha I never would have been able to leave it as is! Well done my friend, perfect for a guy! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my girl, I think I am still faaaar from mastering the CAS. lol It's definitely a style I have most problems with and which I don't do often. You are totally right - it WAS killing me to leave all that space blank. I think I'll stay with my "fully loaded" cards/projects in the future. ;)
      Hugs! xx

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card, so fresh with white and red, great bow and pretty CAS design! Good job! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment!
      Hugs! xx

      Delete
  4. Your hubby is going to love getting hid chocs in this! I really like the CAS design, crips and bright. Thanks for joining TIME OUT and ATSM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope he will! :)
      Thank you for the lovely comment Sandie!
      Hugs! xx

      Delete
  5. Waw kako je lepo! takšnega darila se pa bo sigurno razveselil tvoj izbranec. lp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Čudovita embalaža in res si se potrudila za dragega - napram drugim tvojim bogato okrašenim izdelkom je to res CAS verzija :). Všečno, zelo všečno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A verjameš, da sem imela s tem veliko več dela kot s tistimi bogato okrašenimi stvarmi? Kar ni in ni mi šlo skupaj, da bi pustila tako prazno.

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design and the embossing!! CAS and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super striking and eye-catching design.
    Great idea and thanks for linking up at ATSM
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful is your card as always x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous cebelica.i love the red and white and fab design and the love wording looks stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A real elegant beautif this card! What a great ribbon! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Gerrina!
      Hugs! xx

      Delete
  12. So pretty and elegant! Thanks for linking up with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Cebelica! gorgeous CAS card, luv this! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your lovely comment. Hugs! xx

      Delete
  14. Beautiful design , thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.

    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely super! Love the embossed dots and the lovely die cut sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, Cebelica ... so crisp and clean and vibrant ... a great way to hold yummy chocolates! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zelo lepo si pričarala Ljubezen na CAS darilcu. Tudi sama sem imela včasih težave koliko še kaj dodati...še zdaj se učim, da lahko naredim CAS varianto. Tebi je super uspelo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)