Thursday, January 22, 2015

Anything but a card

Good morning on this cloudy Thursday. :) I hope you have more sun where you live. We're in winter right now, but somehow it feels more like autumn - lots of rain (no snow, rain!!! :S), boring gray days, autumn temperatures ... Not my favourite type of weather. But enough about the weather. Let's rather talk about crafty things. ;)

A new challenge started at Crafty ribbons blog today and the theme is "anything but a card". At first I thought I would either make a box or alter a Pringles can, but then I changed my mind and made another gift bag instead.

Before I show you the bag I want to tell you that Ali put some gorgeous new ribbons (I personally loooove the new music ribbons!) to the store and in a day or two she will also add lace. Lots and lots of gorgeous lace. I LOVE lace!! :D Some are already in the store, but there are more to come. ;) Here are some sneak peeks ...




 So hop to the store and check out what else is new. :)

Now to my gift bag ...



For a change I didn't use a cute image on my project. ;) But I did use a butterfly. lol This butterfly is a clear stamp from CTMH and I just love it. I stamped the butterfly on a white cardstock and then cut it out with my scissors and craft knife. I sprinkled some frantage on the butterfly's wings - I hope you can see how sparkly it is. :D



I used a piece of paper that has been in my stash for like forever. Flowers, doily, pearls and bling are from my stash as well. I added some glitter glue to the flowers. The little bows came from my stash too. I sewed a small golden bead to the center of each bow. I used 3 different ribbons on this project. They are all from Crafty ribbons. You can find the white sheer ribbon here, the white grosgrain ribbon here and the butterfly ribbon here


So much from me today. I hope you will join our challenge. I'd love to see what you come up with. :)
Have a great day!
Hugs! xx

I would like to enter my bag to the following challenges:
Dream valley: Anything goes
Love to scrap: Anything goes
Creative inspirations: Pretty pearls
Crafty boots: Butterflies
Emerald faeries: It's all about the bling
Bastel - Traum: Anything goes
Scrap and craft: Anything goes

34 comments:

  1. A gorgeous gift bag with so many beautiful details on it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning Maja!! LOVE your autumn palette with the deep rich colours and that butterfly is gorgeous...great job with the fussy cutting! Such beautiful papers and that ribbon with the little butterfly on it is such a wonderful little extra bit!! Fancy!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my sweet friend! Big hugs! xx

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning bag, so much to admire on it I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rocking these gift bags! Love the pop of red :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow love this cebelica.gorgeous shabby chic design and colours and the butterfly is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love all the layers. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous gift bag, it is gorgeous, I love the layout. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Res ti gredo super od rok bogato okrašeni izdelki. Če bi se ajz lotila takega projekta bi delovalo kičasto, ma pri tebi pa ima WAW efekt! Všečkam :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Prepričana sem, da bi ti tudi znala sestaviti kaj takega (če ne celo boljšega) in da ne bi delovalo nič kičasto. Poskusi! ;)

      Delete
  10. Your bag is GORGEOUS! Love the layers and elements on it. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning gift bag!! Beautiful colors :) Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!
    Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
    www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment. Hugs! xx

      Delete
  12. Tele tvoje vrečke me vedno znova navdušijo in tale je res lepa! lp

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous bag!! This is so stunning.Thanks for playing along with us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Your butterfly is so stunning! I love all your beautiful embellishments too :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your sweet comment Rebecca! xx

      Delete
  15. A wonderful creation - great colours and design - thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap this time and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous project with so many wonderful details! :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes!" challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! With SU
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Crafty Cardmakers and more DT
    3 Girl JAM DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)