Sunday, January 25, 2015

A perfect day

Hey hey! :) Have you been enjoying your weekend? I sure have, but it's been coming to an end way too quickly. But it's the say every week, isn't it? 

A short while ago I bought an animal class from Alyce at Kit and Clowder, but I didn't have many of the markers I needed so yesterday I did some serious shopping; I bought quite some markers so now I can actually start practicing. Can't wait! :) I've already put some of those markers to use - though not for colouring animals. But for colouring Anya from The greeting farm. :) I really like this image and therefore I made another card with it.


I coloured the image with Promarkers. I think this was the first time I coloured the black hair with markers. I know I still need A LOT of practice (and probably another marker or 2), but for the first time I don't think it was THAT bad. 


Not really a typical card for me. I'm always scared of using black on my cards/creations, but Rosemary and Stephanie totally rock this (and I LOVE their creations!), so I decided to give it a try too. Thank you so much ladies for inspiring me and for making me step out of my comfort zone! :)

The gorgeous papers came from Prima Romance novel paper pad. The sentiment and the tags I used on my card also came from the same paper pad - I cut those out with my scissors.

I used so many different embellishments on my card - everything from buttons, brads, flowers, doily, paper clip, pearls and sequins to ribbon. :) Here's a closer look of the flowers and the buttons (that "snail house" is a button as well).


All of those embellishments came from my stash. 

I raised the image and the sentiment on foam pads to give the card some dimension.


So much from me today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and don't work too hard at work tomorrow. ;)
Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The greeting farm: Get wordy
Kraftin' Kimmie stamps: Anything goes
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
Fab'n'funky: Button it
C.R.A.F.T.: Recycling (the black buttons I used on my card came from old/used clothes)
ABC challenges: B is for buttons and bows
Scrapbook stamp society: Anything goes + option Happy birthday
Scrapy Land: Spots and dots + any brand of dies that SL sells (I used Spellbinders dies)
Papertake weekly: Get in shape

27 comments:

  1. Lovely cupcake card Cebelica,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet card! Love the dark layers to create drama, too! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jooooooj kako sweet! Res cudovita kombinacija barv in okraskov.hvala, ker sodelujes na izzivu ABC. lp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different embellishments you used on this very pretty card! I just love the Spellbinder ovals! Thanks for paling along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of a kind, girl, this is simply gorgeous!!! And thanks for the shout-out eheh <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is gorgeous as always your so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cebelica it's a very beautiful card and great design

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous card!! You colored the sweet image beautifully!! I love the layers and details!! This is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow incredibly beautiful creation Cebelica, love that cute image the design is fantastic.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! this is so gorgeous Cebelica, love the image and all the scrummy details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card...such a cute image ...lovely layers and details too...Thank you for joining us at Fun n Funky challenge.....Julieannex.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Pretty papers, great layout and a very sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cebelica, that is just delish! Love the lush dark and rich colours with that oh so cute image! Thanks for joining in our fun this week at Fab 'n' Funky for our 'Button It' challenge. Hope to see your gorgeous crafty skills again in the next challenge. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card love your image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliantly made creation and love the image and goodies added. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge at FAB N FUNKY this time.

    Hope to see you in our next challenge. Cheers, aNNie

    {Fab N Funky DT Member}

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}


    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card, love the cute image and your fab colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to see you stick your head out in public...I was getting ready to send out a search party! HAHA! Just kidding luv! Another gorgeous card by a talented lady and a very busy one this past couple of weeks! I feel the same way you do about black, but wow, you really took black by the horns and created something beautiful! I love it!

    I so hope you take some time for yourself when you get a chance. big hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. predivna čestitka
    i super detalji

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, adorable image and love all the pretty flowers and fab buttons...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful Design! Thank you for sharing at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card! I think the black looks fabulous along with the bright colors! Amazing coloring too.

    Hugs,
    Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card! I think the black looks great with the bright colors! Amazing coloring too.

    Hugs,
    Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Cebelica, you are being featured on TGF Wow'd me Wednesday post. Loved your card, thank you for sharing with us :)- Holly TGF DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. How adorable, love the image and the colors. All your layers are wonderful. Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    Scrapy Land Store
    rubber stamping is my game blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Completely and utterly gorgeous! The black is so striking and elegant!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a pretty card and I love your design. Great coloring of the image too. SO glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)